Are you a therapist practicing independently?
We have a great HIPAA training for you!
Our online HIPAA training consists of fifteen video lessons and 1 audio follow-up lesson comprising the HIPAA for Therapists online training for therapists in private practice. The videos add up to roughly 2.0 hours worth of content, and cover the terms, requirements, documentation, ethical considerations and solution information that a solo private practice therapist needs to complete their own initial HIPAA compliance work. You can watch each video as many times as you’d like, and after each lesson you will receive a short emailed quiz to ensure you’ve absorbed the material, to help you identify which required “to-do” items you already have, and which ones you need. The basic membership gives you a full month to complete the course, and there is also a 6 month membership option for folks who want a little more time.
$99 for 1 month membership. Includes:
- 15 Video Lessons and 1 Audio Lesson (See the Lesson Plan)
- Complete slide deck from the presentation for following along with the videos–great for diverse learning styles!
- Sample risk assessment, detailed and specifically designed for the solo private practice therapist
- Sample compliance documentation, including: Security & Privacy Officer Designations Form, Complaints Log, and Email/Texting Consent Form
- These checklists, exclusive to HIPAA for Therapists, and specifically designed for solo private practice therapists:
- The HIPAA Requirements Checklist
- HIPAA Compliance File Required Contents
- HIPAA Compliance Log
- Access to the members-only resource area
- 2.0 hours Ethics CEU credit available (CEU Provider license via the TX Social Work Board. Complies with Texas Professional Counseling Board requirements as well)
- Memberships are for 1 person only. If you have a group of people who need HIPAA training, contact us to discuss options–we have them! :^)
The HIPAA for Therapists videos are provided by a CEU provider accredited by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners and the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. Therapists for whom this is an approved CEU provider can email after completion to receive their certificates for 2.0 hours CEUs in Ethics.
Already a Member?
$149 non members, 33.3% members discount
Form packets created by an attorney who specializes in HIPAA.
Want to ask more questions about HIPAA compliance in the solo private practice setting? Need to get information on your own time? Katie Malinski, LCSW-S, the founder of HIPAA for Therapists, is available for Individual consultations.