Ducks in a Row: HIPAA & HB300 for Therapist CEU Workshop
GET YOUR COMPLIANCE DUCKS IN A ROW!
Sponsored by the NASW-Texas Chapter
Friday, April 21, 2017, 9-12PM
UT San Antonio (downtown campus)
Buena Vista Building (also called Aula Canaria), Room 1.328
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207
Did you know that Texas state law says that even private pay solo practitioners have to follow HIPAA? Do you know that HIPAA training is required? Do you have a complete “HIPAA Compliance File” full of forms and policies & an up-to-date risk assessment?
If you didn’t answer yes to these questions, you may not be in compliance with state and federal law. This training can help! It’s a 3 hour CEU workshop, based on my own research as a solo private practice therapist, as to what I need to do, know, and have to comply with the HIPAA, HITECH, & HB300 regulations. I will share what I’ve learned, and offer plain-spoken, practical guidance on how I’m doing it.
In this workshop, we will discuss:
- What you should have been doing to fulfill HIPAA already
- Ways that the new HIPAA guidelines are likely to affect the solo private practice therapist
- The ethics of privacy and security
- How Texas HB 300 (the Texas Medical Privacy Act) affects HIPAA & your compliance
- HIPAA versus your professional Code of Ethics
- Typical problems the private practice therapist might encounter (like: email, texting, and compliance documentation)
- Solutions: products, practices, forms! checklists! and more resources that can help.
- This course provides 3 hours Ethics CEU via the TX Social Work board.
- This course meets the Federal & Texas standards for HIPAA training
Preregistration is available online at NASWTX.org until Sunday, April 16. Seating is limited and preregistration is encouraged.
NOT AN NASW MEMBER?
Sign up today at www.socialworkers.org/join.asp and enjoy discounted registration on this and many other great events! After you join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and new Member ID Number and we will create a Texas profile for you so you can access the member rate for this event.