Ducks in a Row: HIPAA & HB300 for Therapists CEU Workshop
GET YOUR COMPLIANCE DUCKS IN A ROW!
Friday, February 24, 2017
Did you know that Texas state law says that even private pay solo practitioners have to follow HIPAA? Do you know that HIPAA training is required? Do you have a complete “HIPAA Compliance File” full of forms and policies & an up-to-date risk assessment?
If you didn’t answer yes to these questions, you may not be in compliance with state and federal law. This training can help! It’s a 3 hour CEU workshop, based on my own research as a solo private practice therapist, as to what I need to do, know, and have to comply with the HIPAA, HITECH, & TMPA (HB300) regulations. I will share what I’ve learned, and offer plain-spoken, practical guidance on how I’m doing it.
In this workshop, we will discuss:
- What you should have been doing to fulfill HIPAA already
- Ways that the new HIPAA guidelines are likely to affect the solo private practice therapist
- The ethics of privacy and security
- How Texas HB 300 (the Texas Medical Privacy Act) affects HIPAA & your compliance
- HIPAA versus your professional Code of Ethics
- Typical problems the private practice therapist might encounter (like: email, texting, and compliance documentation)
- Solutions: products, practices, forms! checklists! and more resources that can help.
- This course provides 3 hours Ethics CEU via the TX Social Work board.
- This course meets the Federal & Texas standards for HIPAA training
Preregistration is available online at NASWTX.org. Seating is limited and preregistration is encouraged.
Cancellations will be refunded less a $35 processing fee if made by Feb 10, 2017. Registrations are non-refundable after that date.
NOT AN NASW MEMBER?
Sign up today at www.socialworkers.org/join.asp and enjoy discounted registration on this and many other great events! After you join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and new Member ID Number and we will create a Texas profile for you so you can access the member rate for this event.
This workshop will be held in downtown Dallas at the Meadows Conference Center, Oak Corner Building, 2900 Live Oak Street, Dallas, TX 75204.
Note: Oak Corner Building is at the corner of Live Oak & Oaks Streets. Complimentary parking is available in front of Oak Corner Building.
The workshop will begin at 1 PM. Please arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to check in.