Just Do It For Me: Improving Ethical Practice Through Planning for Provider Death or Incapacitation”
3 hour CEU training, May 1st, 2020, 1-4pm
No one wants to think about it, but everybody does it.
If you died, or had a significant medical emergency, what would happen to your practice? To your clients? To your records?
I hope it never happens, but you can’t legally or ethically choose avoidance as a strategy. Therapists are legally required to recognize the possible risks of provider death or incapacitation, and make a good faith effort to reduce the risks to clients and client PHI.
The “Just Do it For Me” Professional Will Workshop gives you this:
- REAL results–you will finish with a rough draft of your full professional will
- Overview of what a professional will is (and isn’t)
- An increased understanding of the risks related to provider emergencies, and the ethical implications
- LOTS of individual guidance and support
- Documents as samples and guides. Everyone will work simultaneously to tailor examples to fit their practice’s needs.
- 3.0 Ethics CEUs
Pre-requisite: Completion of the Ducks in a Row: HIPAA & TMPA for Therapists workshop (either in person or online)
Requirement: Each participant needs a computer with a camera, audio, and internet access. You’ll also need to be able to understand and use the online workshop platform (both are very user-friendly.) Depending on the size of our group, we will either use Google Hangouts Meet or Zoom.
Recommendation: Bring a friend. (ie, forward this info to your chosen “executor” and both of you sign up!) There is GREAT added value in getting the work done–together–and processing the decisions that are enhanced by making them together.
Date: May 1, 2020 from 1-4
This workshop’s online location & login information will be sent a week before our meeting date.