Just Do It For Me: Improving Ethical Practice Through Planning for Provider Death or Incapacitation”
In-person 3 hour CEU training in Georgetown, Texas
March 2, 2018, 1-4 pm
No one wants to think about it, but everybody does it.
If you died, or had a significant medical emergency, what would happen to your practice? To your clients? To your records?
I hope it never happens, but you can’t legally or ethically choose avoidance as a strategy. Therapists are required to recognize the possible risks of provider death or incapacitation, and make a good faith effort to reduce the risks to clients and client PHI.
The “Just Do it For Me” Professional Will Workshop gives you this:
- REAL results–you will leave with a rough draft of your full professional will
- Overview of what a professional will is (and isn’t)
- An increased understanding of the risks related to provider emergencies, and the ethical implications
- Small group (just 15 people!)
- LOTS of individual guidance and support
- Electronic and paper documents as samples and guides. Everyone will work simultaneously to tailor examples to fit their practice’s needs.
- Chocolate! (of course!)
Pre-requisite: Completion of the Ducks in a Row: HIPAA & TMPA for Therapists workshop (either in person or online)
Requirement: Each participant needs to bring their own laptop (and be familiar with its use)
Strong Recommendation: Bring a friend. (ie, take this class with your chosen “executor.”) There is GREAT added value in both of you getting the work done–together–and processing the decisions that are enhanced by making them together.
Date: March 2, 2018, 1-4pm
Workshop location & other details will be sent via automatic reply after purchase.
PLEASE NOTE PRE-REQUISITES!