- 7 forms created by the law firm Popovits & Robinson, who specialize in HIPAA. These forms are:
- Notice of Privacy Practices Policy
- Notice of Privacy Practices (actual form)
- Business Associates Agreement Policy
- Business Associates Agreement (actual sample form)
- Authorization to release PHI for substance abuse treatment
- Authorization to release PHI for mental health treatment
- Breach policy
- A 15 page manual that was written solely by me, Katie Malinski, LCSW, based on my personal understanding of HIPAA compliance. This P & P manual covers the things that I believe a solo private practice therapist, following his/her professional code of Ethics, would need to address in a P & P.
- This Policy & Procedure Manual (P&P) is for the therapist in solo private practice. If you have employees, interns or associates who have access to Protected Health Information (PHI), you will need a P & P manual with more complexity than this one.
- This manual uses highlighted sections to show the provider where they need to customize the document to fit their practice, but sample wording is provided for all sections. It is estimated that it will take you 1-2 hours to customize this packet for your specific practice.
- This packet and manual are published as a source of information only. The material contained herein is not to be construed as legal advice or opinion and does not substitute for the advice of a licensed attorney.
- This is a downloadable product, not paper forms. Immediately after purchase you will receive an email that has a link in it to download your forms. Forms come in a .zip folder with .doc files inside for easy editing and customizing. The subject heading of this email is: “Your Ducks in a Row: HIPAA for Therapists order from DATEHERE is complete – download your files”.
- Please note, this is a non-refundable purchase. If you have questions about these forms, please contact us before purchase.
Special 33.3% discount for members!
Terms and Conditions:
(Please note, you will be required to agree to the following terms & conditions on checkout):
- Hold Harmless Clause: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Katie Malinski and HIPAA for Therapists, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, members, stockholders, employees and agents (the “indemnified parties”), from and against any liability, claim, action, loss, cost, damage or expense incurred or suffered by HIPAA for Therapists or any of the other indemnified parties as a result of a breach of this Agreement by HIPAA for Therapists, negligence or willful misconduct of HIPAA for Therapists, or any employee or agent of HIPAA for Therapists. The provisions of this Section will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Published as a source of information only. The material contained herein is not to be construed as legal advice or opinion and does not substitute for the advice of a licensed attorney. You understand that the Policy & Procedure document is provided as an educational sample, and is not legal advice. HIPAA for Therapists and Katie Malinski do not make any guarantees, in any way, that this document will provide legal protection.
- Medical privacy laws may be found in several parts of various state statutes. Many states also have general health information privacy statutes or regulations which may apply to therapists. You are responsible for knowing the particulars of your state’s code for medical privacy, and other laws that apply to therapists.
- Medical privacy regulations are also found in the professional codes for all of the various therapeutic licensures (ie, clinical social work, counseling, psychology.) You are responsible for knowing the particulars of your licensure’s Ethical Codes and best practice standards.
- Each therapist’s practice is a unique intersection of strengths, risks, needs, and liabilities. You are responsible for knowing the particulars of the needs of your clients and your practice, and acting accordingly.
- You may edit or make copies of these forms as needed for your individual practice, however, you may not share this document, nor your edited versions of this document, with anyone else.
- The forms will be available for immediate download in the form of a .zip file. You are responsible for having the technical know-how to download and open a zip file. The files inside of the folder are all MS Word doc files for easy editing and customizing.
- Return Policy: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the downloadable products, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason.